Jooma is a very robust content management system. When you first use it for your website, you are easily overwhelmed by the number of buttons and options in the dashboard. And it does not help that the front page does not display the most recent articles first by default. In this tutorial, we will rearrange the order of articles on the front page of a Joomla 3 site; we will display the articles from the newest to the oldest.
1. Log in to the dashboard of your Joomla site.
2. Click on the Menus tab at the top of the page.
3. Click on Main Menu.
4. The Menus: Items (Main Menu) page will appear. Look for Home (Alias: Home) in the Title column.
5. Click on the Home link.
6. The Menus: Edit Item page will appear. Click on the Layout tab.
7. Set Category Order to No Order.
8. Click on the Save button at the top-left corner of the page.