Drupal is a very powerful, robust and secure Content Management System. It is among the three widely used CMS’s online. But the main thing that prevents a lot of website administrators from using it for their websites is the steep learning curve. Learning Drupal takes a lot of time and patience. Another thing that frustrates users is the lack of bulk media uploads feature in the Drupal core installation. You have to install some modules in order to upload a large number of media files to a Drupal website.
1. Upload the required file
- Download the required compressed file.
- Create a folder named libraries in the Drupal installation directory.
- Upload the compressed file to the libraries folder.
- Extract the compressed file.
- When you extract the DropzoneJS library file, the resulting folder is called dropzone-master. Remove the -master part.
2. Install and activate the required modules
- Media (installed with Drupal core but not enabled)
- Media Library (installed with Drupal core but not enabled)
- Media Bulk Upload
(Refer to the tutorial How to Install a Module in Drupal 8.)
3. Configure Media Bulk Upload
- Go to Configuration and look for the Media section.
- Click on the Bulk Media Upload link.
- Click on the Add media bulk upload configuration button.
- Fill in the Label name and tick the checkboxes for Media Types that you want to upload. For Form Mode, choose Media library.
- Click on the Save button.
4. Check the Upload Page
- Go to Content and click on the Media tab.
- Begin uploading.